Wednesday 11 December 2013

Angels, Daemons, & Beings Unseen

I hate to speak ill of a project that I am involved with.  I think that the reasons for that are fairly obvious.  But at some point, one has to take a hard look at the landscape. So today we’re going to look at the Indiegogo campaign for Angels, Daemons, & Beings Between. This is a hard post to write, because I don’t want to appear unprofessional, but neither do I want to become part of a conspiracy of silence while you wait and wait without any word as to what is happening.

Sean Connors posted an announcement approximately 1 month ago on the Indiegogo site 

hi all it is with great pleasure that i can tell you that everything has been dispatched.It should be with you by Christmas.
Sorry for the delays at the end but it will be worth the wait.
Thank you all for your support and we all look forward to your feedback.
If you do not not have your order by Christmas Day please email me directly to update me. Sean.connors68@me.com
Many many thanks
Sean Connors 

There are a lot of questions about these materials, and I cannot find any reference to anyone have received these after this message.  I should have received two copies of all materials as part of my payment for involvement in the project, and as of this writing, I have received nothing.

I wrote the majority of Angels, Daemons, & Beings Between (although not necessarily the best entries – Paul Wolfe may well get that credit!), contributed some artwork, wrote and formatted The Revelation of Mulmo, and wrote Pesh Joomang, The Ultimate Patron.  In order to create the best product possible, I took a pay cut on Angels, and took no money for the module, art, or Pesh Joomang.  Actually, I paid out of pocket to increase the amount of artwork in The Revelation of Mulmo.

Now, as far as The Revelation of Mulmo goes, I received a number of requests to reformat to fit to A4 size paper and with different “bleeds” to meet printer needs.  One result of this is that I feel fairly confident that printing was, at the very least, intended, and that whatever difficulties may have arisen probably occurred at the mailing level.

I am told that Sean is no longer answering emails from those who funded the project.  I have sent him emails related to the project, including one containing the text of this blog post to give him a chance to respond.  That email was sent 48 hours ago, and Sean has not responded.

I very much dislike being involved with a project that disappoints those who invest in it.  As some of you know, I have worked with John Adams to add materials to his own Brave Halfling kickstarter when it was foundering, because John was adamant that he would make things right for supporters.  I respect that.  At some point, I may wish to use Indiegogo to fund my own Shanthopal project, or similar work.  I don’t want my name tarnished by association.

I guarantee you that I will not initiate a crowd-funded project unless 80% or more of the writing is done, and that the crowd-funding would be used primarily for maps and cartography.  Well, as well as to help pay myself or other writers for work already done.

I cannot make print copies of the Angels project appear…even if I had the funds to do so, the legal rights remain with Dragon’s Hoard Publishing.  If you were one of the funders of this project, please drop me an email at ravencrowking at hotmail dot com, and I will do what I can to help restore your faith in the creators, if not in the publisher.



5 comments:

  1. In London, I received a paper copy of this a couple of weeks ago. I waited until I got home from work so I could double-check; it's there on my shelf, and at a glance seems to be a complete printing of the PDF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting us know! So there may yet be hope!

      Delete
  2. Was there a final outcome to this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I still haven't received my copy:/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recently went through my campaigns to make sure everything is up-to-date, and found that this one still hasn't delivered.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.